That was the politically incorrect question posed by Lt. Cmdr. Erik Horner of our Navy in response to the surrender by 15 British sailors in Iraqi waters to Iranian forces. Diana West argues all-too plausibly that the answer has much to do with modern British (and presumably Western) culture. Our culture war isn’t just about our culture; in a world this dangerous, it may also be about our survival.
To comment on this post, go here.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell