Given the level of hysteria that is constantly being whipped up by the Party of Hate, we’ve worried for a while that someone is going to get hurt. Cases of voter intimidation and violence against Republican campaign headquarters were widely reported during the last election cycle. A Democratic poster whom we had to ban from the Power Line Forum recently went to the home of a Republican campus leader and assaulted him, resulting in criminal charges.
Most recently, a Democrat and (it appears former political candidate named Matthew Hunter Kramer has been arrested for threatening the executive director of the Republican Party of Nevada with a rifle, tearing photos of President Bush and Vice-President Cheney off the wall of the party’s headquarters, threatening staffers at the Republican Party’s office, and “warning that he would be back if President Bush vetoed an emergency war spending bill being considered by Congress.”
It’s no secret that Democrats are trying to bully their way back into power. But bullying with rifles–as well as “swords, knives, a flare gun, a shotgun and shells,” which also were found in Kramer’s car, ups the ante considerably. I’ll say it again: if the Democrats keep up their campaign of hate, someone is going to get hurt.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell