The “copper clapper caper” is the 1968 Tonight Show skit with Jack Webb reprising his “Dragnet” role as Sergeant Joe Friday and Johnny Carson playing Everyman reporting the offense. I remembered the skit earlier this week when writing about Klavan’s classic column in the current City Journal. It is sheer joy. Don’t try not to laugh — you might hurt yourself.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Our under-incarceration problem, Charlotte edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Statesmanship: Obama versus Bibi
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell