The “copper clapper caper” is the 1968 Tonight Show skit with Jack Webb reprising his “Dragnet” role as Sergeant Joe Friday and Johnny Carson playing Everyman reporting the offense. I remembered the skit earlier this week when writing about Klavan’s classic column in the current City Journal. It is sheer joy. Don’t try not to laugh — you might hurt yourself.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Why Hillary Will Never Be President
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell