The “copper clapper caper” is the 1968 Tonight Show skit with Jack Webb reprising his “Dragnet” role as Sergeant Joe Friday and Johnny Carson playing Everyman reporting the offense. I remembered the skit earlier this week when writing about Klavan’s classic column in the current City Journal. It is sheer joy. Don’t try not to laugh — you might hurt yourself.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell