Robert Novak has more on the dinner Tuesday night with Fred Thompson, which was hosted by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. of The American Spectator. Novak concludes that Thompson’s impending candidacy “will be something different from other Republicans, in both substance and style.” He adds that “when speaking to a friendly audience or ruminating off the record, [Thompson] does not look or sound like the GOP’s announced candidates for president” and that Thompson’s “challenge will be to [look and sound that way] when he appears with opponents on the same stage in the immediate future.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell