Robert Novak has more on the dinner Tuesday night with Fred Thompson, which was hosted by R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. of The American Spectator. Novak concludes that Thompson’s impending candidacy “will be something different from other Republicans, in both substance and style.” He adds that “when speaking to a friendly audience or ruminating off the record, [Thompson] does not look or sound like the GOP’s announced candidates for president” and that Thompson’s “challenge will be to [look and sound that way] when he appears with opponents on the same stage in the immediate future.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Race Hustlers Want Equal Treatment With Biker Gangs
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- More evidence, via "Sid Vicious," of Hillary's Benghazi deceit
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell