This Examiner editorial wonders why, at a time when every conceivable political opinion can be (and is) aired, Democrats like Dianne Feinstein are trying to revive the “fairness doctrine.” The Examiner offers two potent explanations. First, many more people are listening to conservative talk radio than to its liberal counterpart. Second, liberals possess an irresistible urge to have bureaucrats make decisions for the rest of us.
I suspect that the Democrats will be making a mistake if they venture too deep into media regulations. Right now, the Dems have a clear advantage among younger voters who see Republicans as stodgy and who lack a clear recollection of nanny-state Democrats in action. The quickest way to squander that advantage is to be seen as attempting to control what views can be aired.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell