Thanks to a new generation of Republican heroes arriving on the scene to fill the shoes of Colonel Warden and Commander Shears and blow up that damn bridge, the immigration bill was blown up on the Senate floor this morning. Who filled the shoes of Colonel Warden and Commander Shears? Let’s name some of them: Senator John Cornyn, Senator Jim DeMint, Senator Jim Inhofe, Senator Jeff Sessions, Senator David Vitter, Senator John Thune. As for those who have filled the shoes of Colonel Nicholson, dear reader, I ask you to name names here over at the Forum.
UPDATE: Stephen Dinan’s Washington Times story reminds me that Senator Tom Coburn must be added to the roster of rising GOP Senators filling the shoes of Colonel Warden.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell