Thanks to a new generation of Republican heroes arriving on the scene to fill the shoes of Colonel Warden and Commander Shears and blow up that damn bridge, the immigration bill was blown up on the Senate floor this morning. Who filled the shoes of Colonel Warden and Commander Shears? Let’s name some of them: Senator John Cornyn, Senator Jim DeMint, Senator Jim Inhofe, Senator Jeff Sessions, Senator David Vitter, Senator John Thune. As for those who have filled the shoes of Colonel Nicholson, dear reader, I ask you to name names here over at the Forum.
UPDATE: Stephen Dinan’s Washington Times story reminds me that Senator Tom Coburn must be added to the roster of rising GOP Senators filling the shoes of Colonel Warden.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell