Thanks to a new generation of Republican heroes arriving on the scene to fill the shoes of Colonel Warden and Commander Shears and blow up that damn bridge, the immigration bill was blown up on the Senate floor this morning. Who filled the shoes of Colonel Warden and Commander Shears? Let’s name some of them: Senator John Cornyn, Senator Jim DeMint, Senator Jim Inhofe, Senator Jeff Sessions, Senator David Vitter, Senator John Thune. As for those who have filled the shoes of Colonel Nicholson, dear reader, I ask you to name names here over at the Forum.
UPDATE: Stephen Dinan’s Washington Times story reminds me that Senator Tom Coburn must be added to the roster of rising GOP Senators filling the shoes of Colonel Warden.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell