Kathryn Lopez draws attention to the New York Times photo taken in the Senate yesterday (caption: “Day laborers from the Washington area gathered in the Senate to wait for the results of the immigration cloture vote”). Kathryn asks: “Do idiots run Washington?” I believe that the distinguished gentleman looking down from the portrait is none other than the original Grand Bargaineer himself: Henry Clay. If so, the photo is a classic in more ways than one.
There’s a caption contest for the photo going on at the Forum, here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell