Late last night, London police discovered a car near Piccadilly Circus that was packed with gasoline, propane and nails. An ambulance crew saw smoke coming from the vehicle, which led to the discovery. Authorities say the car bomb, which was parked outside a large night club, could have killed hundreds of people.
The photo below is of the vehicle, a Mercedes, being towed away.
UPDATE: The London Times has more on the explosives. While some information is not public, this obviously would have been a major blast.
MORE: This video report by the Wall Street Journal is from Power Line Video.
To comment on this story, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- When Al Franken body-slammed a demonstrator
- The Week in Pictures: Body Slam Edition
- Trump resisters in robes: the Fourth Circuit's travel ban decision [UPDATED]
- Mugging Mr. Murray
- What Venezuela's Medical Crisis Tells Us About Socialism
- Tillerson declines to host Ramadan event at State Dept. (for now)
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell