I think we managed to miss the news that the University of Colorado fired Ward Churchill this week. It fired him for serial academic fraud — making stuff up and also claiming that the work of others was his. The faculty’s Standing Committee on Research Misconduct had concluded by a two-thirds majority that he should be fired. The chancellor and university president had both concurred. Thus, it was a no-brainer (I hope) for the regents to execute the termination.
Churchill and his defenders claim he was fired because of his opinions rather than his fraud. However, as this editorial in the Rocky Mountain News explains, “if writing outrageous, offensive essays inoculates a professor from documentation of fraud, then every scoundrel in academia. . .would know exactly what to do to protect himself.”
Via Real Clear Politics.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Race Hustlers Want Equal Treatment With Biker Gangs
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- More evidence, via "Sid Vicious," of Hillary's Benghazi deceit
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell