Bill Bennett turns 64 today. Hearing this news put me in mind of an old story. A father tells his lazy son, “What’s the matter with you; when George Washington was your age he had already thrown a silver dollar across the Potomac and was making his mark as a surveyor.” The son replies, “Yeah, and at your age he had already defeated the British.”
It’s amazing to realize how much Bennett has accomplished in his 64 years: czar in the war on drugs, Secretary of Education, author of (among other works) The Book of Virtues, scholar and historian, successful radio talk show host, and more. I can’t improve on Kathryn Lopez’s tribute to Bennett, so I’ll link to it instead and simply add Power Line’s happy birthday wishes.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Race Hustlers Want Equal Treatment With Biker Gangs
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- More evidence, via "Sid Vicious," of Hillary's Benghazi deceit
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell