Joe Malchow reports on the latest power play at Dartmouth. As we have noted, the powers-that-be are considering plans to strip alumni of their longstanding right to elect half of Dartmouth’s trustees. The decision follows (a) an unbroken string of victories in trustee elections by independent candidates critical of the status quo at Dartmouth and (b) the defeat of a constitutional amendment designed to make such victories more difficult to achieve.
The Dartmouth Association of Alumni wanted to mail a letter to all alums advising them that the trustee election process is being re-evaluated. It therefore requested the list of its members
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Cancel The Interview Edition
- Long story short, Iowahawk edition
- As Anti-Police Demonstration Rages at Mall of America, Two Cops Are Murdered in Brooklyn [Updated]
- Edward Jay Epstein: Journalism and truth
- What's in a political name?
- Eric Holder invents rights for the transgendered
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell