David Beckham started his first game as a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy — a semifinal Superliga match against D.C. United. He scored the first goal of the match with a trademark “bend it like Beckham” free kick. Later, he set up the second goal with an inch-perfect through ball to Landon Donovan. The Galaxy went on to defeat United 2-0.
UPDATE: I enjoyed watching the match on the Spanish language network, Telefutura. Where ESPN constantly shows us Beckham — stretching, scratching, walking off-the ball — Telefutura uses its stray camera shots on the attractive women in the stands who come to watch Beckham.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell