I’ve been on vacation in the North Woods for a week, and almost completely out of touch. In the past, we’ve had a pretty good internet connection in the same place, but this year the satellite link was disrupted by weather (or something) and I wasn’t able to keep up on the news, let alone post. So it was a real vacation. Paul was on vacation this week, too, at the seacoast, I suspect, so Scott was on his own. It will take me a little while to get caught up on the news, but I’ll be back in action soon, as, no doubt, will Paul.
It’s an early fall up north, with cooler than normal temperatures and foliage already starting to turn. It was a welcome break from a hot summer. We did some excellent fishing, so, in lieu of having anything to say about the news, here I am with a fishing guide (he’s the one in back) and a 25-inch, 5.7 pound walleye:
The guide was in interesting guy; he’s guided Governor Pawlenty a couple of times. But we didn’t talk politics, just fish. More later.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell