…is what I called Bill Moyers, here. The context was Moyers’s unhinged attack on Karl Rove, the centerpiece of which was Moyers’s claim that Rove is an “agnostic” who has cynically manipulated the Christian right for political gain. You can see Moyers’s tirade by clicking on the graphic below::
Knowing (and caring) nothing of Rove’s religious views, I focused on other aspects of Moyers’s over-the-top display. But Chris Wallace, in an interview of Rove, took the trouble to ask him whether he is an “agnostic” as Moyers asserted. This caused Moyers to crawl out from under his rock long enough to tell Wallace that his second-hand, hearsay sources know more about Rove’s religious beliefs than Rove does. Which, in turn, prompted this response by Wallace (via Hot Air):
There comes a time, it seems to me, when a man has been so utterly discredited as a hateful ignoramus that, not only should he be shunned by all people of good will, he should even be cut off from taxpayer subsidies. Is there anything–anything at all–that is too low for PBS to countenance?
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Dishonest CIA Director Rips Trump; Trump Should Rip Him Back [Updated]
- Power Line's Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
- 300 US Jewish leaders are with you
- Trump likely to move Britain to the front of the queue
- Trump meets with Judge Pryor as rumored "short list" emerges
- Reporters Beg Martin Luther King III to Denounce Trump [Updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell