Muqtada al-Sadr has just announced a six-month suspension of military activity by the Mahdi Army to provide for the “rehabilitation” of that force, which has more or less splintered. The suspension includes a cessation of attacks on American forces.
It’s unclear how much practical effect this edict will have, but one would think that it can only lead to further reduction in sectarian violence.
Via Power Line News.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- How Barack Obama Conspired With an Enemy to Undermine US Foreign Policy
- The Week in Pictures: Can Anyone Trump This Edition
- Talk About Low Energy!
- Academic Absurdity of the Year: The Socially-Constructed Penis Hoax
- Getting Out of Your Parents' Basement: How Liberal Policies Hurt Young People
- I, nut job
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell