Muqtada al-Sadr has just announced a six-month suspension of military activity by the Mahdi Army to provide for the “rehabilitation” of that force, which has more or less splintered. The suspension includes a cessation of attacks on American forces.
It’s unclear how much practical effect this edict will have, but one would think that it can only lead to further reduction in sectarian violence.
Via Power Line News.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell