Muqtada al-Sadr has just announced a six-month suspension of military activity by the Mahdi Army to provide for the “rehabilitation” of that force, which has more or less splintered. The suspension includes a cessation of attacks on American forces.
It’s unclear how much practical effect this edict will have, but one would think that it can only lead to further reduction in sectarian violence.
Via Power Line News.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell