Yesterday’s Washington Times included Andrea Billups’s excellent story on the installation of footbaths for Muslim students at the University of Michigan Dearborn. Billups reports that the footbaths “were requested as an accommodation by a Muslim Student Association’s task force.” The object of the demand for footbaths is to secure the expenditure of public funds to support Islam. The phenomenon is insidious.
A little background on the MSA should provide a clue. Founded in 1963 by members of the Muslim Brotherhood, the MSA is, according to Stephen Schwartz, MSA “a key element in the Wahhabi lobby, and a cornerstone of the conspiracy by Saudi-backed extremists to control American Islam, as well the public discourse about Islam in America.” It appears to be closely linked to the Islamic Society of North America, a key unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation prosecution. Joe Kaufman’s “MSA: The missing co-conspirator” provides background.
Most Read on Power Line
- A Window Opens Onto the Left-Wing Conspiracy
- Are A Few Journalists Starting to Figure It Out?
- World Cup preview -- Brazil vs. Germany [UPDATED]
- Dan Rather Plots Comeback, With Assist From Robert Redford
- World Cup preview -- Argentina vs. Holland [UPDATED -- Argentina wins]
- Barack Obama, Rick Perry, and the handshake that won't happen
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell