I’m scheduled to appear on FOX News with E.D. Hill around 11:40 a.m. (EDT) tomorrow morning for a short segment on Lynne Stewart’s placement on the faculty of Hofstra University Law School’s “Lawyering at the Edge” legal ethics conference. Stewart is the attorney who represented the blind sheikh convicted of conspiracy in the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center.
Stewart herself was subsequently convicted of providing material assistance to a terrorist organization in the course of her represenation of the blind sheikh. She has since been disbarred. I wrote about her in “Face to face with Lynne Stewart” after I appeared on a panel with her in Minneapolis while she was under indictment.
The Hofstra information on conference faculty omits a few facts; it merely describes Stewart as a “[h]igh profile radical and human rights attorney.” Last year Stewart was sentenced to 28 months in prison for her crimes. She has pleaded to be spared incarceration because of illness. My position is that she should be serving time rather than lecturing attorneys and law students on legal ethics, at least until she serves her time.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell