I meant last week to get to the Weekly Standard articles on the young members of the House Republican leadership including Fred Barnes’s profile of “The leader,” House chief deputy minority whip Eric Cantor. Over the past few years that I have seen Cantor speak in Minneapolis, I’d been wondering when someone in the national media was going to take note of this obviously rising star. I wrote briefly about Rep. Cantor last month in “Cantor on CAIR.” We previously posted items involving Rep. Cantor here and here.
The Standard’s package of articles on young House Republican stars also incudes Duncan Currie on Wisconsin’s impressive Paul Ryan and Samantha Sault on California freshman Kevin McCarthy.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Man of the Year Edition
- Branstad as Ambassador to China: More Interesting Than It Looks
- With Ellison inside the Nation of Islam
- Obama to probe alleged Russian election meddling; Senate might too
- Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration [With Comment by John]
- Microsoft Goes Left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell