I meant last week to get to the Weekly Standard articles on the young members of the House Republican leadership including Fred Barnes’s profile of “The leader,” House chief deputy minority whip Eric Cantor. Over the past few years that I have seen Cantor speak in Minneapolis, I’d been wondering when someone in the national media was going to take note of this obviously rising star. I wrote briefly about Rep. Cantor last month in “Cantor on CAIR.” We previously posted items involving Rep. Cantor here and here.
The Standard’s package of articles on young House Republican stars also incudes Duncan Currie on Wisconsin’s impressive Paul Ryan and Samantha Sault on California freshman Kevin McCarthy.
To comment on this post, go here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell