It looks as though September will have the lowest U.S. death toll in Iraq in 14 months. September also represents the fourth consecutive monthly decline in deaths of U.S. service personnel.
It seems remarkable that a strategy involving a more aggressive use of a larger number of troops could result in fewer fatalities, but that appears to be the case. I don’t know how to explain it other than by the hypothesis that the surge has been even more successful in degrading enemy capabilities than has commonly been recognized.
To comment on this post, go here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell