I never would have noticed, let alone cared, if Barack Obama had simply stopped wearing an American flag lapel pin. I’d never noticed that he was wearing one in the first place. But Obama chose to frame his decision to stop wearing the flag pin as some kind of political statement. So I think it is natural for people to wonder what, exactly, is the content of the political statement; to what group of voters is it intended to appeal; and what does it tell us about Obama as a candidate?
While I couldn’t possibly care less whether a candidate wears a flag pin or not, there doesn’t seem to be any plausible set of answers to these questions that casts much credit on Obama.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell