The Senate has confirmed Leslie Southwick to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Southwick was the subject of vicious and unfair attacks by left-wing interest groups, but his nomination made it to the Senate floor when Diane Feinstein broke ranks with her fellow Democrats on the Judiciary Committee.
Today, the Senate voted 62-35 voted to limit debate on the nomination and then, cloture having been invoked, confirmed Southwick by a vote of 59-38. John McCain broke off campaign engagements to participate in these votes.
The Senate has now confirmed five appellate court nominees this year. Nine other appellate nominations are still pending in the Senate Judiciary Committee.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell