Somebody has slipped the relevant documents in the Beauchamp scandal over the transom to the Drudge Report: a telephone transcript of the September 7 call between Beauchamp and TNR editors Franklin Foer and Peter Scoblic, Beuachamp’s apparent admission to”gross exaggerations and inaccurate allegations” in his TNR Baghdad diarist “Shock troops” column (smartly sent down the memory hole by “the editors”), and the Army’s official report on Beauchamp’s allegations. It’s too late to say that it’s the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning. It’s closer to the end that we have previewed here (part 1), here (part 2), and here (part 3). “The editors” have taken the personal scandal of Scott Thomas Beauchamp and turned it into an institutional debacle.
UPDATE: Drudge has removed the link to his “flash” page and deleted the three document PDFs, though he still has the “flash” page posted. Michelle Malkin keeps the documents from going down the memory hole with the “Shock troops” column. Please remember that Michael Goldfarb broke this story and that Bob Owens doggedly pursued it. “The editors,” however, are still stonewalling. Unbelievable.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Politically Incorrect Ad of the Year (Updated)
- Mosby's Meltdown
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Special DNC Edition
- The New York Times: Two conflicting editorials, one cynical motive
- Trump, Russia and the DNC Emails: The Real Story
- Bill Clinton leaves us wondering how he could have been such a louse to Hillary
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell