Last week in California, the wives of five presidential candidates participated in a forum where they discussed balancing family life with their husband’s presidential ambitions. The five women were Cindy McCain, Ann Romney, Jeri Thompson, Elizabeth Edwards, and Michelle Obama. Here’s the Washington Post’s account. The reporter seems disappointed that no one would fess up to being a dragon lady. Moderator Maria Shriver was too.
I watched part of the forum on C-SPAN. All five women did well, but in general the older they were the more they impressed me.
UPDATE: I should add that only one of the five women is older than me — Ann Romney, by one day.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell