The mainstream media has been quite critical of the Musharraf government for failing to go after the Taliban in northwest Pakistan. Now, according to Asian news sources collected by Stanley Kurtz, the army of Pakistan is conducting a surge against the Taliban in the region, appareantly with some success. As Kurtz points out, however, our MSM is basically ignoring that surge.
Was the MSM ever really bothered by Musharraf’s lack of action against the Taliban, or was that just a pretext for criticizing a U.S. ally and, by extension, President Bush?
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell