Chris Cillizza reports that the Manchester Union Leader, New Hampshire’s influential conservative newspaper, is set to endorse John McCain. The paper will make its endorsement (of McCain or whomever) tomorrow.
As Cillizza notes, the Union Leader’s endorsement was very helpful to Pat Buchanan in 1992 (when he ran well against George H.W. Bush) and 1996 (when he won the primary). However, in 2000, the Union Leader endorsed Steve Forbes, who finished a distant third.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell