Violent deaths of Iraqi civilians fell for the third consecutive month in November, to 718, by the Associated Press’ count. It is noteworthy, I think, that this is the lowest civilian toll since just before the bombing of the Golden Dome mosque in Samarra in 2006, a provocation that was probably carried out by al Qaeda and that launched the upsurge in sectarian violence that some called a civil war.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell