President Bush gives his seventh and perhaps final State of the Union address tonight. The New York Times and the Washington Post provide unfriendly previews that note the challenging circumstances under which it is to be given. Fox News highlights the speech’s expected themes.
Last night Fox ran Bret Baier’s interview/special “Fighting to the finish.” The special showed speechwriters Bill McGurn, Marc Thiessen and Chris Michel at work on the speech. The Washington Post also runs a sidebar on the speechwriters.
I’ll be watching the speech with special attention to foreign policy issues. C-SPAN will live stream the speech and has invited me to comment by telephone in a brief segment with a lefty blogger after the speech around 10:45 p.m. (Eastern).
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- Corrections of the day [Updated With One More]
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Clues to a Mystery [Updated With a Third]
- Philippine tilt towards China is latest fruit of Obama's foreign policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell