President Bush gives his seventh and perhaps final State of the Union address tonight. The New York Times and the Washington Post provide unfriendly previews that note the challenging circumstances under which it is to be given. Fox News highlights the speech’s expected themes.
Last night Fox ran Bret Baier’s interview/special “Fighting to the finish.” The special showed speechwriters Bill McGurn, Marc Thiessen and Chris Michel at work on the speech. The Washington Post also runs a sidebar on the speechwriters.
I’ll be watching the speech with special attention to foreign policy issues. C-SPAN will live stream the speech and has invited me to comment by telephone in a brief segment with a lefty blogger after the speech around 10:45 p.m. (Eastern).
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell