Yesterday, MoveOn.org endorsed Barack Obama for President. That tells you all you need to know about Obama as a “change agent.”
MoveOn’s main goal is defeat abroad, but it isn’t only on foreign policy that Obama is a down-the-line, cookie-cutter liberal. He almost never deviates from left-wing orthodoxy, as demonstrated by his Americans for Democratic Action ratings: 95% in 2006, and a “perfect” 100% in 2005. Obama toed the liberal line even more consistently than, to take just one example, Minnesota’s former Senator Mark Dayton.
To my knowledge, Obama has never had a creative or innovative idea on any public policy issue. His record is that of an old-school, unenlightened lefty of the sort that the American people have never elected President, with the possible exception of 1964, when Lyndon Johnson won in the wake of the Kennedy assassination. Which explains why Obama, his staffers and his supporters all say as little as possible about his views on the issues. If he wins the nomination, it will be interesting to see whether he can keep it up until November.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell