To the consternation of many liberals, President Bush liberated two large and strategically important nations from the clutches of Islamofascism. When these liberals applied great pressure on Bush to pave the way for the return of Islamofascism in much of one of these countries, he not only defied them, but devised a strategy that appears to have inflicted a defeat on al Qaeda, that most virulent of Islamofascist elements.
Often when a president focuses so intently on a particular enemy in a particular region, he does so to the detriment of U.S. foreign policy in other areas. Yet President Bush has managed to devote an unprecedented level of dedication to dealing with the problems of Africa, a region that has rarely commanded any serious attention from the U.S..
Bret Schaefer and Anthony Kim of the Heritage Foundation use the occasion of Bush
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell