As I argue below, a candidate’s voting record is the best evidence of his place on the political spectrum, and his rhetorical flourishes should count for little or nothing in this regard. A candidate’s statements on his website rank somewhere in between.
In Barack Obama’s case, the website tells the same tale as the voting record, as Examiner columnist Melanie Scarborough shows.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell