The early days of this web site happened to coincide with a rash of nude protests of various sorts. These events took place around the world, usually on the flimsiest of excuses. This was before we became sort-of-famous, and we covered those gatherings with some enthusiasm. Most were misguided; a happy few were not. My favorites were the pro-fox hunting demonstrators.
Anyway, nude protesting seemed to die down for a while, but PETA is bringing it back. Today’s Yahoo News Photos, a site I often trawl when hard up for something to post on, featured this picture of an anti-bullfighting demonstration in Sydney, Australia:
What’s curious about this, of course, is that there isn’t any bullfighting in Australia. These PETA members were protesting the running of the bulls at Pamplona, which I guess must be coming up soon. As it happens, Sydney, Australia is about as far as it is possible to get from Pamplona. But the urge to disrobe and protest knows no geographic boundaries.
PAUL adds: Like they say: Think globally, strip locally.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- There's something about Hillary's eyes
- Hillary: The Third World Has a "Right" to Move to the United States
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- "Basket of deplorables," David Brock edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell