Jeffrey Bell is well known as a political activist, a former aide to President Reagan, and occasional commenter on the political scene. As a Columbia undergraduate, he was a student of Professor Jeffrey Hart. I met Bell at a party at Professor Hart’s house in 1972 and discovered that he is also a deeply knowledgeable expert in American political history. Taking a look back at the Bush administration with a view to the coming election, Bell now deduces the political lessons of a failed presidency in a long, thoughtful essay that deserves to be read in its entirety, not only for the light it sheds on the coming election.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell