For the Democrats, that is. Today, Barack Obama ridiculed the Clintons’ repeated suggestions that he would make a fine Vice-president. It’s worth watching; he does it skillfully:
There have been a couple of points in the campaign where one might have expected Obama to back off, scale down his rivalry with Hillary, and position himself to be Veep. But he’s consistently aimed for the top, so far successfully. Politics makes strange bedfellows, and we can’t rule out the possibility of a Clinton/Obama ticket, but it would be hard for Obama to try to walk back to the point where he could be an effective second banana for Hillary.
That’s the first half of the video. The second half is Obama explaining why he’s better than Hillary: he won’t continue Bush-era policies, i.e., fighting our enemies. It’s a good reminder that, however skilled and likable Obama may be, from a policy standpoint, an Obama administration would be a disaster.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill