In support of her claim that eight years as First Lady qualify her as a foreign policy expert, Hillary Clinton has told dramatic stories about landing in Bosnia under sniper fire and having to run for cover. I’m not sure that, even if true, this would endow her with much diplomatic skill, but it has become clear that Hillary’s story is false.
That isn’t remarkable. What is striking is that CBS News, a long-time Democratic Party stronghold, has exposed Hillary as a fabulist:
It would be nice if we could take this as a sign that CBS is becoming politically neutral, but it seems more likely that CBS’s willingness to expose Hillary’s mendacity is a function of her supposed “conservatism” as a Democratic Presidential candidate.
UPDATE: The Clinton campaign says that Mrs. Clinton misspoke.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell