Debbie Schlussel points out that the entire United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan has recused itself from the prosecution of indicted Iraqi spy Muthanna Al- Hanooti. The Detroit News does not disclose the reason for the recusal; it states that officials would not provide it. In an email message alerting us to her post, Schlussel is not so shy: “They’re buds.” She attributes it to the office’s Muslim outreach program involving Al-Hanooti and his organization.
Sclussel is no Johnny-come-lately to the case of the office of the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan. She has decried the political correctness manifested in the recusal repeatedly in posts and columns going back at least five years.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell