…but here in Minnesota, it’s not because lilacs are soaking up the spring rains. On the contrary, we’re still eating dried tubers; in fact, I can barely see across the street because of the heavy spring snowfall. Somewhere between four and eight inches are forecast to be on the ground by the time the Twins open their home season at 7:00 tonight. Newfallen snow is a rather bizarre setting for baseball, but if it seems odd now, just wait until 2010 when the Twins go back to playing outdoors.
For Paul’s more substantial thoughts on the upcoming season, and a poll, scroll down a couple of posts.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Does Trump Trump? Angelo Codevilla on Our Present Moment
- Morality Police Come to France [With comment by Paul]
- Washington Post agrees with Power Line: Cruz crushed Code Pink
- Hillary's hot air balloon (2)
- Nick Saban offers a life lesson
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell