…but here in Minnesota, it’s not because lilacs are soaking up the spring rains. On the contrary, we’re still eating dried tubers; in fact, I can barely see across the street because of the heavy spring snowfall. Somewhere between four and eight inches are forecast to be on the ground by the time the Twins open their home season at 7:00 tonight. Newfallen snow is a rather bizarre setting for baseball, but if it seems odd now, just wait until 2010 when the Twins go back to playing outdoors.
For Paul’s more substantial thoughts on the upcoming season, and a poll, scroll down a couple of posts.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell