…but here in Minnesota, it’s not because lilacs are soaking up the spring rains. On the contrary, we’re still eating dried tubers; in fact, I can barely see across the street because of the heavy spring snowfall. Somewhere between four and eight inches are forecast to be on the ground by the time the Twins open their home season at 7:00 tonight. Newfallen snow is a rather bizarre setting for baseball, but if it seems odd now, just wait until 2010 when the Twins go back to playing outdoors.
For Paul’s more substantial thoughts on the upcoming season, and a poll, scroll down a couple of posts.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell