The Department of the Treasury has determined that Hamas is a terrorist entity and has therefore blocked its property and interests in property under three separate economic sanctions programs. Treasury has also determined that Hamas has a property interest in the transactions of the Palestinian Authority. Under applicable terrorism sanctions, American citizens and companies are prohibited from engaging in transactions with the Palestinian Authority.
Nevertheless, Anne Leiberman points out at Boker tov, Boulder! that consistent with current American foreign policy, otherwise prohibited transactions are being authorized with the Palestinian Authority. And lest you think “certain [otherwise prohibited] transactions” are merely being “authorized,” Anne adds, think again. They’re being encouraged, promoted and assisted.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- The man our founders warned us against
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell