The Department of the Treasury has determined that Hamas is a terrorist entity and has therefore blocked its property and interests in property under three separate economic sanctions programs. Treasury has also determined that Hamas has a property interest in the transactions of the Palestinian Authority. Under applicable terrorism sanctions, American citizens and companies are prohibited from engaging in transactions with the Palestinian Authority.
Nevertheless, Anne Leiberman points out at Boker tov, Boulder! that consistent with current American foreign policy, otherwise prohibited transactions are being authorized with the Palestinian Authority. And lest you think “certain [otherwise prohibited] transactions” are merely being “authorized,” Anne adds, think again. They’re being encouraged, promoted and assisted.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- What Carly can do
- What Carly can do: Quotable quotes
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- Kerry refuses to commit to follow U.S. law on sanctions
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell