In 2000 NPR’s Terry Gross conducted a terrific interview with Dion Dimucci, whose birthday we’re celebrating today. It’s an utterly engrossing interview, no pun intended, by turns funny and moving, equal parts talk and song. Listen to Dion sing “Jambalaya” and recall that when he started performing the song at age 13 he had no idea what gumbo was. Listen to Dion recall Father Joe, the neighborhood priest. The interview is also updated with good excerpts of Dion’s 2006 “Bronx in Blue” release. Check out the interview here.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell