Monica Conyers — the wife of Democratic House Judiciary Committee chairman John Conyers — pleaded guilty to a bribery conspiracy charge in federal court yesterday. Conyers took a bribe in a pay-to-play scheme for a $1.2-billion-plus Detroit sludge treatment contract won the old-fashioned way by SynagroTechnologies. Conyers took “at least $6,000″ to change her vote on the sludge contract. The price seems cheap, but according to the linked Free Press report, it represents only the tip of the sludgeberg.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Black Lives Natter in St. Paul
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell