Yesterday we noted that among the “stimulus” projects funded by the Democrats in their stimulus porkapalooza was $16.7 million for canned pork processed by Lakeside Foods at Lakeside’s Minnesota plant. The Lakeside Foods award was one of several literal pork projects flagged by Drudge yesterday.
Following a script originally written by George Orwell, the Obama administration has sent the pork products down the memory hole. The Obama administration Web site enumerating stimulus projects has changed the description of the work/service performed from “canned pork” and ham to “meat, poultry and fish.”
Via David Saltonstall.
UPDATE: Moving your cursor (the site says your “mouse”) over the PIID at the bottom of the Lakeside Foods award page turns up the project description “canned pork.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell