I don’t believe we have yet plugged Michelle Malkin’s new book, Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies. Not that Michelle needs our plug: her book is currently the #3 best-seller on Amazon.
Michelle was brave enough to go on on The View, a notoriously left-wing daytime women’s TV show, to talk about her book. She blew past token opposition from the show’s inept leftists; you can see the video here.
What reminded me of all of this was tonight’s headline, “Ex-lawmaker Jefferson guilty in bribery scheme”. Earlier today, a Virginia jury found former Democratic Congressman William Jefferson guilty–finally!–on 11 of 16 criminal counts alleging racketeering, soliciting bribes, fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, conspiracy and violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Jefferson, appropriately enough, represented New Orleans. He was narrowly defeated for re-election by a Republican. The remarkable thing is that the Democratic Party re-nominated him as its standard-bearer after he was caught by FBI agents with $90,000 in cash in his freezer. That’s the Democratic Party for you: wholly shameless, if it thinks it can get away with fraud and bribery. And that’s Michelle Malkin, relentlessly exposing corruption, on whichever side of the aisle it may exist.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell