It wouldn’t be quite right to say that 2009 was a year without a summer here in the Upper Midwest, but it came uncomfortably close. Now we have frost warnings for northeastern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. Some places in the region recorded record lows today. Gardeners are being warned to protect sensitive plants lest they freeze. In August.
To paraphrase Dr. Johnson: Jack Frost is running about freezing tomatoes. But my tomatoes shan’t be frozen; no, no, my tomatoes shall not be frozen. But we really shouldn’t have to worry about frost in August.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell