Meanwhile, in Tegucigalpa, the deposed Honduran president and Chavez wannabe Manuel Zelaya has sneaked into the country and taken up residence at the Brazilian embassy. La Gringa reports that Zelaya’s return was accompanied by an outbreak of violence by supporters.
The democratic forces of Honduras oppose Zelaya’s restoration to power, but the government of the United States adamantly backs Zelaya. The Obama administration is punishing Honduras for refusing to accede to its dictates and restore Zelaya to power. If this seems nuts, the Obama administration is not alone in its nuttiness.
Zelaya is not only hostile to the United States, he is something of a madman. The Miami Herald reports that Zelaya claims his throat is sore from toxic gases and “Israeli mercenaries” are torturing him with high-frequency radiation. There’s a lot of that going around.
Osama bin Laden famously expounded on the appeal of “the strong horse” in the Arab world. Somehow the Obama administration has chosen to back an insane horse “in the image of Hugo Chavez, Muammar al-Khadaffi and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Obama's surge
- Those lyin' Dems, by the numbers
- Poll shows "war on women" theme isn't working, among other good news
- Anne Kuster's ghoulish pro-choice rally [UPDATED]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell